In case you're wondering if the "don't shoot off your fireworks here" signs posted all over my housing complex had any effect whatsoever, here's a video clip of the carnage outside my window round about midnight last night. The only thing that matters is that the management office can write a report to the district government saying that they did their part for fire safety during the holidays by posting the signs. Everyone is happy.
If for some reason the embedded video doesn't work, go here to view it.
The explosions began as soon as it got dark, reached fever pitch at midnight, and finally wound down around 130AM. I drifted off to sleep with the smell of gun powder floating in the air.
Happy Year of the Tiger!