Gracie’s hymns for this morning are: A New Song; He Giveth More Grace; I Have a Friend Who Loveth Me
Lyrics (via hymnary.org)
THE NEW SONG (PIERSON), by Arthur Tappan Pierson
1. With harps and with viols, there stand a great throng
In the presence of Jesus, and sing this new song:
Unto Him who hath loved us and washed us from sin,
Unto Him be the glory forever, Amen.
2. All these once were sinners, defiled in his sight,
Now arrayed in pure garments in praise they unite. [Refrain]
3. He maketh the rebel a priest and a king,
He hath bought us and taught us this new song to sing. [Refrain]
4. How helpless and hopeless we sinners had been,
If he never had loved us till cleansed from our sin. [Refrain]
5. Aloud in his praises our voices shall ring,
So that others believing, this new song shall sing. [Refrain]
HE GIVETH MORE GRACE, by Annie Johnson Flint
1. He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.
2. When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.
3. Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
4. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO LOVETH ME, by Nils Fryken
1. I have a friend who loveth me,
He gave His life on Calvary;
Upon the cross my sins He bore,
And I am saved forevermore.
Oh, hallelujah, He’s my friend,
He guides me to the journey’s end,
He walks beside me all the way,
And gives to me a crown some day.
2. My Savior’s love so full and free
Doth light the weary way for me;
It fills with joy each passing day
And drives my sorrows all away. [Refrain]
3. I have a friend, a mighty friend,
Upon His power I may depend;
He reigneth over every land,
O’er valley, hill, on sea and strand. [Refrain]
4. O brother, join us in our song!
This friend to you would fain belong;
Tho’ far from what you’d like to be,
His grace sufficient is for thee. [Refrain]