A week after knee surgery in Hong Kong, here are some specific things I’m thankful for…..
- A skilled and attentive surgeon
- Great care at Matilda Hospital
- A smooth trip back to Beijing (wheelchair service at both airports, on-time flight, and an empty seat next to me)
- A warm apartment in Beijing
- A fantastic set of crutches
- Friends who are keeping me company and keeping my fridge filled with food
- That I was able to give myself injections….and that I don’t have to do that anymore!
- Good physical therapy at the Beijing SOS Clinic
- Minimal pain, although I found out today that one reason is because I’ve been doing an exercise wrongly! “No pain, no gain” is NOT just a silly saying.
- That each day The Great Physician gives me what I need for that day. Not more, not less.
A friend brought turkey / mashed potatoes over tonight from a dinner I was invited to, but unable to attend. Here’s hoping yours is / was a Happy Thanksgiving.
And a couple of photos……
A couple hours before surgery, the doctor came in and produced this piece of art to help him make sure to operate on the right (correct) knee.